Adelyn's 1st Birthday Party
Can we just talk about how fast this year went for a little bit? I am still shocked that it has already been a year. It flew! I'm having a hard time believing it has truly been a year ago that she entered our life. We celebrated Adelyn's birthday with a small party on the 29th of July, several days after her actual birthday. Leading up to her birthday, I was caught by surprise on several occasions about how quickly this year passed. Faster than other years, I think. That seems to be happening more and more the older I get.
During this past year of her life, I have been humbled, on multiple different occasions, by the sovereignty of God. Giving us the gift of Adelyn's life was something we didn't know we needed, but God knew. Just about every day of her life something new amazed me about who she is, what she brings to our life, and I get excited about the future. There are so many things that we love about her. In the first couple months of her life she showed us that she is strong-willed and definitely knows what she wants and will do things when she is ready and wants to do them. It wasn't going to be on Mommy's time table. She has so much more to teach me, I can tell!! Ha! As the year progressed, we started to see more of a personality develop and--wow--she is going to give us a run for our money! She has no fear, so she enters a situation with little regard of cause and effect or consequences. But along with that, she doesn't hold back, and I love that!! She has that girl sass to her reactions already, and oh, the faces she makes!! She is going to be so genuine and wear her thots/emotions on her sleeve, like her mom! I know this is just the beginning of her developing, so I'm sure there is going to be a lot more to talk about. But I can say that at the end of her first year, we love everything about this little girl and the way she is developing, with all her sass, her desire for love and affection, how she interacts and plays with her brothers, going with the flow, fun-loving, silly, joyful, and her all-in personality!
For the first time in our life we are at a place where the people involved in our life are truly involved, and care deeply for us, and we care deeply for them. It got me thinking and, as I was getting ready for her party, I came across this Time Capsule idea on Pinterest. Since our party was very small, and we have more than just the people who came to the party involved in our lives and family who live all over the country, I sent out texts to get everyone involved! I just love this idea about her opening up this Time Capsule on her 18th birthday and seeing all these notes from friends and family that love her and were involved with her life when she was one. Notes of love, advice, encouragement, and challenge. I can't wait for her to open it, hahahaha!
If you know me at all, I LOVE pictures. If I could live my life thru pictures I would, and I try to capture people, activities, and our life in that way so that I will always remember. My friend Alyssa understands this about me and so she had a hold of my camera for the party and did an amazing job of capturing everything! So for your (and my) enjoyment, here is Adelyn's 1st Birthday Party, a Pancake Pajama Party!
During this past year of her life, I have been humbled, on multiple different occasions, by the sovereignty of God. Giving us the gift of Adelyn's life was something we didn't know we needed, but God knew. Just about every day of her life something new amazed me about who she is, what she brings to our life, and I get excited about the future. There are so many things that we love about her. In the first couple months of her life she showed us that she is strong-willed and definitely knows what she wants and will do things when she is ready and wants to do them. It wasn't going to be on Mommy's time table. She has so much more to teach me, I can tell!! Ha! As the year progressed, we started to see more of a personality develop and--wow--she is going to give us a run for our money! She has no fear, so she enters a situation with little regard of cause and effect or consequences. But along with that, she doesn't hold back, and I love that!! She has that girl sass to her reactions already, and oh, the faces she makes!! She is going to be so genuine and wear her thots/emotions on her sleeve, like her mom! I know this is just the beginning of her developing, so I'm sure there is going to be a lot more to talk about. But I can say that at the end of her first year, we love everything about this little girl and the way she is developing, with all her sass, her desire for love and affection, how she interacts and plays with her brothers, going with the flow, fun-loving, silly, joyful, and her all-in personality!
For the first time in our life we are at a place where the people involved in our life are truly involved, and care deeply for us, and we care deeply for them. It got me thinking and, as I was getting ready for her party, I came across this Time Capsule idea on Pinterest. Since our party was very small, and we have more than just the people who came to the party involved in our lives and family who live all over the country, I sent out texts to get everyone involved! I just love this idea about her opening up this Time Capsule on her 18th birthday and seeing all these notes from friends and family that love her and were involved with her life when she was one. Notes of love, advice, encouragement, and challenge. I can't wait for her to open it, hahahaha!
If you know me at all, I LOVE pictures. If I could live my life thru pictures I would, and I try to capture people, activities, and our life in that way so that I will always remember. My friend Alyssa understands this about me and so she had a hold of my camera for the party and did an amazing job of capturing everything! So for your (and my) enjoyment, here is Adelyn's 1st Birthday Party, a Pancake Pajama Party!
I am up late and September 1st has passed into September 2nd. There is such magic, delight, glory, and love displayed in these birthday scenes from Addie's first birthday. The photography and the music came together to rejoice in the life of this gift from God to her family and to all of us. I especially love the captures of her brothers tenderly holding her and kissing her as they so readily and easily do. She is intuitive and has so much to offer through her expressions. Today was her Momma's birthday and you can see so much of her Momma when she was that age--and I love that, too.
ReplyDelete